See photos (2)

Chapel de Bionnay

Historic site and monument, Religious heritage, Chapel, Baroque in Saint-Gervais-les-Bains
  • The chapel in Bionnay is found on the road to Piémont through the Bonhomme Pass. It is a very important passageway in the valley. An initial chapel
    was built in 1623.

  • The chapel was rebuilt between 1775 and 1777 by local architect Joachim Gualino, who also created the altar and altarpiece. Built against the
    Mont-Blanc massif, it was miraculously spared from the famous 1892 catastrophe.
    Today, the interior of the chapel is rather sparse. Its pillars and groined vaults are quaintly highlighted by murals. The elegant alter painting, by Decret
    de Bonneville, depicts The Virgin Annunciate.
  • Spoken languages
    • French
Openings
Openings
  • From June 15, 2024 until September 23, 2024
    Open Everyday
Close