A tourist town par excellence, Saint-Gervais is also, and above all, a year-round community with a growing permanent population. As elsewhere in the Mont Blanc region, property prices are high, making it difficult for locals to buy their own home. Many families want to continue living in the Commune, which is why the municipal team strongly encourages the creation of housing adapted to today’s needs and demands. The aim of the municipal policy is to offer the population a complete housing stock on each floor of the commune, in proportion to the number of inhabitants. Since 2001, several projects have been completed and occupied:
- The “Savoyard Home”, at the entrance to Saint-Gervais after the TMB bridge.
- The Saint-Nicolas de Véroce housing, located above the school and Tourist Office.
- The “Panloup” residence at the entrance to Saint-Gervais on the Pont du Diable side.
- The “Maison Doré” located at the entrance to the thermal park at Le Fayet.
- The “Villa Bellon” located at the Allobroges traffic circle at Le Fayet.
- The “Maison des soeurs” located at the entrance to Saint-Gervais before the TMB bridge.
- The “Maison Colson” located in Le Fayet.
- The “Maison EDF” located in Le Fayet.
- The dwellings above the Post Office in Saint-Gervais Les Bains