Saint-Gervais village in summer
©Boris Molinier

Steps identity cards, passports, deeds, marriage, tourist tax...

All my administrative procedures in one click

Service Civil status

Find on this page all the procedures concerning civil status:

identity card, passport, request for deeds or documents, death, birth, marriage, pacs, baptism, cemeteries, etc./Place fees / Visitor’s tax / Urban planning / building permits, declaration of works, PLU, etc.

Practical information

50 av Mont Arbois – 74170 SAINT GERVAIS LES BAINS
04 50 47 77 31


Opening times

  • Monday: 8:30am-12:00pm/13:30pm-17:00pm
  • Tuesday: 8:30am-12:00pm/13:30pm-17:00pm
  • Wednesday: 8:30am-12:00pm/13:30pm-19:00pm
  • Thursday: 8:30am-12:00pm/13:30pm-17:00pm
  • Friday: 8:30am-12:00pm/13:30pm-16:00pm

Census military

From the age of 16, boys and girls are required to take the census. To do so, they must go to their local town hall secretariat in the first quarter following their birthday.

Voter registration

Registration on the electoral roll must be made at the town hall by December 31, to be effective on March 1ᵉʳ of the following year.

Application for transfer and registration of the vehicle

Since November 6, 2017 all applications for a driver’s license, declaration of vehicle transfer, change of owner following the acquisition of a used vehicle, change of address of the registration document, request for a duplicate in the event of loss, theft or damage of the registration document are to be made on the website of the Agence Nationale des Titres Sécurisés (ANTS).

Dematerialization saves you time as you no longer have to travel.

For those who don’t have internet access, there are digital points in the prefecture and sub-prefecture.

Online registration of the declaration of transfer by the seller is now an essential prerequisite, as this generates a transfer code needed to proceed with the change of owner.

You can also contact an authorized automotive professional to proceed with the registration of vehicle applications (please note that there is a charge for this service).

Driver's license application national and international

All requests for driving licenses must be made on the Agence Nationale des Titres Sécurisés (ANTS) website.

For requests for international driving licenses and exchanges of foreign licenses, information is available on the government services website.

Other procedures

  • Issuance of civil status certificates

    Birth, marriage or death certificates can be supplied on written request by post or email:

    • by the birth town hall for birth certificates,
    • by the marriage town hall for marriage certificates,
    • by the death town hall or the home town hall for death certificates.

    For Saint-Gervais les bains, the request email address is

  • Residence permit

    As of April 1, 2014, applications for residence permits, as well as renewals and changes of address, must be submitted directly to the Annecy Prefecture. For more information,

  • Authorization to leave the country

    From January 15, 2017, any minor traveling abroad without being accompanied by an adult holding parental authority, will need to have an authorization to leave the territory, whether in possession of an identity card or a passport.

    It is no longer necessary to come to the town hall, this document is to be completed by the parents and must be accompanied by a copy of the valid ID of one of the 2 parents.

    Additional information and CERFA form

I am