One of the following documents to prove your civil status
All documents requested must be originals.
- A birth certificate issued within the last 3 months, showing your filiation; It is no longer necessary to provide a civil status certificate if the user was born in a commune connected to Communication Electronique des Données de l’Etat-Civil (COMEDEC), even in the case of a 1st request. Information on communes connected to COMEDEC is available here
- A biometric or electronic passport (whether ordinary, mission or service), valid or expired within the last 5 years. (biometric and electronic passports are secure documents and can be identified by a symbol representing a circle inside a rectangle which appears on the cover under the word PASSPORT);
- A passport known as DELPHINE (recognizable by its civil status page arranged in landscape mode) or any other passport (issued manually, for example) valid or expired within the last 2 years;
- A secure national identity card (laminated) valid or expired within the last 5 years. If you were born in a commune that dematerializes the issuing of civil status certificates, you no longer need to provide a birth certificate as proof. Your civil status details will be securely verified directly with your birth town hall. To find out whether your commune of birth is concerned, ask at your local Mairie or log on here;
- A non-secure national identity card (old cardboard model) that is valid and expired less than 2 years ago);
- A proof of address less than one year old: electricity, gas or telephone bill, title deed, tax or non-tax certificate, home insurance certificate. If the original of these documents is in digital format, a printout will be considered the original.
- A recent passport-size photo that is less than 6 months old and resembles the photo taken on the day the application is submitted (Passport standard)
A recent passport-size photo
That is less than 6 months old and resembles the photo taken on the day the application is submitted (Passport standard).
- Person of legal age: €86
- Minor + 15 years: €42
- Minor – 15 years: €17
A dematerialized stamp can be purchased online from the Direction Générale des Finances Publiques website.
The old passport
Failing that, a declaration of loss or theft.
An official ID document
ID card of the applicant or legal representative.